Here is a Korean side dish for you spicy dish lovers. It is a healthy addition to complement a healthy meal.
- 2 whole Napa Cabbage
- 1 Cup of Salt
-10 Cups of Water
- 7 Tbsp of Anchovy Sauce or Fish Sauce (substitute 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce if you don't like fish)
- 1 1/4 Cup of Crushed Red Pepper Powder (from Korean Store)
- 8 Pieces of Green Onion
- 1/2 of a Radish
- 1 Whole Garlic
- 1 Piece of Ginger
- 1/2 of an Onion
- 1/2 of an Apple
- 1/2 of an Apple Pear
- 4 Tbsp of Sugar
- Slice Napa Cabbage into bite size pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Mix water and salt together and pour over cabbage.
- Let the cabbage sit for 2 hours.
- In a blender, combine the garlic, onion, apple, apple pear, and ginger together. Puree.
- Julienne the Radish and thinly slice the Green Onions.
- After 2 hours rinse the cabbage in cold water about 3 times.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl. (Rubber gloves recommended)
- Store the kimchi in room temperature over night and then keep in the refrigerator.